Monday, December 2, 2013

Phone Stand made in OpenSCAD

So, I had a little free time over Thanksgiving and ended up making this phone stand looking thing. I played around with openSCAD after developing a fancy pencil hold that I made in openSCAD on November 18, 2013 thanks to the tutorials done by Patrick Conner on YouTube


I used several different functions in openSCAD such as rotate_extrude, linear_extrude, and minkowski functions to get the different shapes in the picture above. I found a great function in openSCAD: $fn= input, which allows the user to put in a greater resolution for any particular shape. The higher input value the user puts in the object appears smoother.

To make your own I have the STL file right here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194587

No comments:

Post a Comment