Monday, December 2, 2013

Adding Thickness to your STL file

This post will give a quick instruction on how you can add thickness to your 3D file by using Blender.
If you don't already have Blender, you can download it HERE.

Step 1. Import your STL file

            File -> Import -> Stl (.stl)

Step 2. Click on Modifiers -> Add Modifier -> Solidify


Step 3. Experiment with the settings in order to obtain a satisfactory thickness. For this model, I changed the Thickness to 2.0, Offset to 0, and checked that I wanted 'High Quality No' thus obtaining:


By adding thickness to certain models, it will make thin objects less brittle during a print, thus increasing the probability of achieving a successful print. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks For sharing this Superb article.I use this Article to show my assignment in college.it is useful For me Great Work.
    druk 3d szkolenie

    ReplyDelete